Giraffe

Monday, May 28, 2012

Finally Heading Back!

We can't believe this day is finally here. We are at the Dulles airport waiting to take off for Addis Ababa.  Long story but I flew in from New York City (a surprise belated 40th bday trip) and met Matt in DC this morning.  Last week we were happy to discover that we are traveling with a family from Columbus who we just recently got connected with through a mutual friend. We are on the same flight and are sitting one row behind them! They are adopting a little girl as well and we happen to have the same embassy date.  Luckily I was too tired last night to be too anxious to sleep.  I managed to get in four hours before leaving my hotel at 3:00 am.  Since I left Columbus on Friday I had to have everything ready for both trips.  It actually all went smoothly and Matt did a stellar job of wrapping up the last minute details (well he says we'll see about that when we get there!) and having everything in order for my mom.

This morning I received the best email from an adoptive mom who was at Hannah's Hope last week.  She told me that she was able to sit down with K and they looked through our family book at least a dozen times.  This made my heart sooooo happy because I didn't know if she had been looking at it since we left it there with her on our first trip.  Hopefully she understands that we are coming for her and that as of tomorrow she will be united with us forever!!!! Here we come sweet K!!

No comments:

Post a Comment