Giraffe

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Heading back to Africa!!!!!


I can't believe this day is here!!!! I am going back to Africa!! In early January I chose to be a part of a mission team with our adoption agency, AGCI.  I will be heading to Addis Ababa and then flying on to Gambella with 7 other people. Gambella is in Western Ethiopia near the Sudan border and is where Lila is from.  I knew I always wanted to go visit there some day, I just never thought it would be this soon! When the opportunity presented itself to me to go, I jumped at the chance after spending much time in prayer.  It has consumed my mind ever since I made my decision and it is surreal that I will be there in a little over 24 hours.  Our team will be working at the Brothers and Sisters orphanage in Gambella and also at Bethel Church in Gambella.  We will also get to visit Hannah's Hope while in Addis.  I am beyond excited, but very sad that Matt isn't able to come with me due to his work constraints.  I know this journey will not be the same without him and I plan on writing down every detail to share with him and the kids when I return.  Lila thinks it is great I am going and I can't wait to show her pictures of me in the place that is so familiar to her.  I have been very anxious this week preparing, but I feel beyond loved and so covered in prayer.  All of the messages I have received this week from friends and family have been the biggest source of encouragement to me so I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! I love you my friends!!! I am beyond blessed. It has given me a great sense of peace that I needed.  Especially today.  My best going away gift was from Luke.  For my birthday present this week I told him I wanted him to sing me a song.  Luke is the only one in our family who can sing.  He chose "Carry On" by Fun - Luke and my new favorite band. It was the perfect good bye song.  Love that kid.  He knows just what I need. If you would like to pray for my trip, please pray for.......

- our safety and health.
-  us to be a light to the people we are serving and that we may grow and learn from them.
-  joyful hearts clinging to God's truths.
 - the Dreamliner to not catch fire on the flight home (legit prayer of mine)
- our families at home.

I don't think I will be able to blog while there due to lack of Internet, but will update when I return!!




No comments:

Post a Comment