Giraffe

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our paper pregnancy begins


Well we were officially approved by our agency (hooray!) and have now started the paperwork process. Otherwise referred to as our "paper pregnancy." I was very excited to receive our big packet of the initial information in the mail. I squealed when I saw the fed ex truck coming up our driveway because I knew what he was bringing me and I couldn't wait to tear open the contents of the envelope. It was exciting for me to read through everything and I really want to take the time to enjoy each step of the process. Matt and I had to read through everything and then have a teleconference with someone from our agency. We were on the phone with her for about an hour and a half this past Tuesday. She did a great job going over all of the information and answering any questions we had. Matt and I got off the phone and agreed that it was mentally exhausting as there was so much information presented, and we realize that it is only the beginning!


Last week Matt and Andrew were able to attend a meeting with an adoption group and hear a family present their story of adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia. (I had to stay home with a sick Luke). I was so glad that Andrew was able to go because he was very moved by what he heard and saw. He came home and told me that it made him want to adopt all of the children there. He told Luke all about what was shared since he had to miss it. I am very thankful that my children will be able to have this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment